Thursday, December 23, 2010

My New Journey

This is the first time that I have blogged since I was in middle school, back when Xanga was all the rage! Back then, I was a very depressed and lost teenager. But now I want to chronicle my new life, one that God has completely transformed and restored. I am just here to write about my thoughts, my life, and what God is showing me and working on me with.

First, about me... I am 21 years old. I am a Psychology Major and would love to get a Master's in Biblical Counseling. I care a lot about fitness and nutrition. I love to run, and am currently training for my first half marathon! I have been in a long-term relationship with my boyfriend Matt for three years. I live at home with my parents and brother, who have also decided to take in my uncle and two friends of the family, so we have 7 people plus one dog in this home. Needless to say, things can get fairly interesting! My dad is a pastor and I am beginning to get involved in ministry at my church. I am passionate about young girls; I someday want to help them overcome life-controlling issues, to find balance in their lives, and to show them the real heart of Christ.

I actually just got home from Mercy Ministries to get treatment for my four year battle with bulimia and anorexia. But, praise the Lord, I am healed and I have the proper tools to deal with life. With Christ, all things are possible, and with Him in my life, I have no need to fill the void in my heart with anything but Him. All I want out of this life is to be a woman after God's own heart, and to fulfill HIS plans for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment